Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Lesson 4: 2 legged Characters UPDATE 2





Update:6-23-06
The Jerry mouse is from an Ising cartoon, and one of the earlier models. I dont think it's as appealing as the H+B ones, but I thought it was such a great pose that I desided to draw it.

I goofed the legs on the chipmunk looking thing, because I just couldnt immagine how the shape was supposed to go. Anyhow Thanks for taking a look at it guys.
andy


Update:6-21-06
Hey guys its been a few weeks since I posted new pics. I've been super busy at work. I picked up some new animation tricks and have used what I've gathered from the PB Lessons, and they've helped me a ton. I discovered a trick that allows me ot spend more time tweaking the movement frame by frame to produce more appealing arcs and follow through. Anyhow, Here are some drawings I did last night. I'll try to do more today, but I have a ton of riggig to do for a super squash and stretch 3d character for the Strut Your Reel community. We are shooting for H+B style stuff like Tom and Jerry.
Anyhow C&c's are welcome.
andy

PS These are all paper drawings. I mostly use my tablet for 3d, now that I figured out how to use the stylus to maipulate the 3d camera.

5 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Craig D said...

Will you be sneakin' any of these guys into your video game work? Glad to see you're keepin' at it.

(And thanks for the kind words of encouragement!)

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Andy Seredy said...

Craig,
hey man,
Well not the characters themselves, but tricks like shilloutting, and line of action are helping a ton. I'm actually shocked how much cleaner my animations are comming out, now that I've done some PB drawings.

Not only that, but when I draw before I play a multiplayer video game, I kick more ass. The lessons help more then just our drawing skills;)
andy

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Dave_the_Turnip said...

The bear looks really nice. The others work well, but the necks are kinda long :)

Good to see you're still at it. I've been slowly slogging my way through those Tom & Jerry model sheets from lesson 7.

Keep up the good work!

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger bardhol said...

>the lessons help more than just >our drawing skills;)

Yes, but can they help me win the tri-state tractor pull and beauty pageant?

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Andy Seredy said...

bardhol,
hahaha, I guess it might be limmited to things that require alot of Hand-Eye coordination.

Dave,
Thanks man, Your lucky lesson 7. Man I need to speen up.

thanks for hte comments guys.
andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home