Thursday, May 11, 2006

Lesson 1

Update! 5-24-06
Hooray I can finally move on to lesson 2. I am so excited. Now I get to learn a little more about squash and stretch in the face. HOORAY!! Crits and comments are very welcome, so please feel free. -andyUpdate! 5-22-06
Here are some more drawings I did from lesson 1 I'll start lesson 2 after a fer more drawings. The line art is a little rough, because I did them in a car ride on the way to Islands of Adventure (A beer-time extravaganza)


Edit:5-19-06
I added some drawings from lesson 1 I did on saturday. I'm going to do every drawing at least twice so I can try and catch up to some of the more skilled drafters ( Rob I'm gonna break your hands you talented asshole.)



John,
Thanks for the lessons. Cheers man.

Ok so I'm new to drawing, I mean NEW! I havent picked up the pencil in about 4 years. You'ld be surpprised at how little drawing is actually required to Rig Game characters and animate them. So here I am Learning to draw all over again.


5 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Robert Hume said...

Hey man, what a way to come for a guy that just started drawing for the first time(literally) about a week ago! I'm really impressed with your progress...keep doing that lesson over and over again, I'm doign the same and then we'll move on to some lessons that are a little harder and funner as well. ;)

-Bob

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Robert Hume said...

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be feeding to your already bad grammer...it should have beeen, "and a lot more fun as well."

Don't even get me started with my spelling, because I'll be hear all friggin' day! lol Peice owt Dogg!

-Rob

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Stephen Worth said...

Hi Andy

Draw the characters exactly as they appear on the pages from the lesson. Focus on getting the underlying shapes correct. If you get the forms underneath right, the details will fall into place too. Draw the character, and then compare it to the one in the book. Check it the way John says in lesson three and make note of where your drawing is different from the original. Draw it again and again until you get it right. You will learn how to control the proportions of the forms if you do this.

Thanks
Stephen Worth
ASIFA-Hollywood

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Andy Seredy said...

Rob: Thanks for getting me back into it.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I'll keep hammering away at it untill I feel ready to move on.

Stephen,
Thanks for the comments I'll get right on the new drawings.

Thanks again for the comments and input guys.
andy

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Craig D said...

I feel your pain, my friend!

Aren't those ovals a pain to draw? I'm starting pretty much from gound zero, as well. AND! I'm twice the age that John K says is acceptable for the course (48 vs. 24!)

Keep at it. Your second lesson looks like you've made progress; that should be a big boost for you! I know it make me want to keep bumbling along...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home